The Jeans Rut

It’s the 8th of May and I’m already bored with jeans. I wear jeans on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when I’m home with my boys, I wear jeans to work on Thursdays, I wear jeans on Fridays when I work from home and I tend to wear jeans for most of Saturday and Sunday too (except for Saturday afternoons when I don an extremely stylish netball dress).

So it’s time to broaden the mind and explore other ways to feel just as snug, comfy and practical. Enter skinny cargo pants. I like the idea of dressing these up or down and the comfort factor rates very highly. Worn with a cosy cable knit jumper, I plan to be a very happy winter mum. Here are two ideas I intend to try over the coming months – from colourful sporty to black and white with touch of bling.


1. Patch pocket cargo by Witchery $99.95; 2. Cable knit jumper by Piping Hot @ Target $49.00; 3. Nike Free Flyknit sneakers @ The Iconic $139.97 4. Wide loop scarf by Vigorella @ Birdsnest $34.95; 5. Zip patch cargo by Witchery $129.95; 6. Bobble knit sweater by Seed $129.95; 7. Mason sneaker by Seed $129.95; 8. Vintage stone necklace by Colette $14.95

The research for this post has motivated me to continue my dedication to wearing activewear on Tuesdays. Another way to pull myself out of the jeans vortex. More on this next week. Any other ideas for breaking free of the jeans uniform would be great!